Thursday, June 30, 2011

I won Week 3!

Thanks so much to all who voted for me last week! I finally won one -- pretty happy about it! Week 4 is up and ready for voting so come on by and see if you can guess mine. www.soyouthinkyourecrafty.com. And here's my entry for last week:

I was really excited for this week's Dollar Store challenge for two reasons: first, I love finding useful stuff really cheap and second, my darling sister's birthday is next week and I had NO IDEA what to get/make her so I decided to kill two birds, as they say. I wandered the aisles and came home with the following assortment:
Three plastic plates, four candle holders, a plastic table cloth, two plastic bowls and some nail polish. Several hours of drying time later, behold the Girls' Night Out Serving Set!
My sister holds a regular Girls' Night Out at her house and let's be honest - who doesn't like pretty serving dishes - so I made a 3-tiered tray and a coordinating standing bowls. Everything is securely attached (with great amounts of E-6000) so it won't collapse mid-party. The bowl stands are two different heights to help add visual interest to the table. And there are lots of colors represented here so it can be used with other serving bowls that my sister already has. And in case it's not obvious, I used the nail polish to lightly decorate the glass pieces. Now I just have to box it all up and send it to her, hopefully in time for her next

7 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. European License Plate Holder for Ford Performance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plus gratifying publish. Fantastic difficulties you have generally delivered to be able to all of us. Relation. Only continue making this kind of write-up.cannabis retail businessplan Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is definitely informatics, clear plus visible. I really do have confidence in which in turn All may perhaps be referred to as on the medial side organized technique to ensure that marketplace can easily encounter best facts and find out a number of factors.Teas Reading Practice Test

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entertaining document. i enjoy the concept completely. appreciate it observed this great site additional and incredibly very much liked precisely what When i review. My goal is to without doubt hunt for the concept at the same time plus expertise people various other articles or blog posts for dinner. Love to suit your needs discussing.Laser consumables south africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all Good, You've gotten composed a very good website that may be sure me personally to find out this kind of!
    Bet on Overwatch

    ReplyDelete
  6. This informative article provides a number of facts throughout which you may prize the fact. I truly appreciate your effort. go on within foreseeable future. Love.Deep Drawn Metal Stampings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kind of internet site is generally a walk-through much like the facts an individual wished with this kind of and did not study who to be able to dilemma. Watch in this article, and you'll without doubt learn the concept.Ace333 sg\

    ReplyDelete