Saturday, August 7, 2010

lego birthday minibook

I have a never-ending love for mini books! I have piles of them all over my living room, waiting for guests (or my kids) to pick them up and thumb through. Among all the other topics available, I've made a mini book for each of my kids' birthdays each year so they have a special book all about how we celebrated each birthday.
My son and his best friend had a joint birthday party when they turned 1 . . . they are 3 days apart in age . . . so his mom and I chose Legos for the theme.
I bought the box at Pamida for cheap and painted it then added the "studs" by cutting cardboard circles and gluing 2 together for each stud.

For the cover of the book I covered cardboard with patterned paper. The little lego accents on each page are just cardstock strips with eyelets set in. And I bound the whole thing on my Bind-It-All machine.

Love me some mini books!

No comments:

Post a Comment